Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hi -Top Fades

Mad props to Hi-Top Fades and those who rocked.

I remembered about these as I watched (for a brief second) House Party 2 with Kid 'n Play. They made this hairstyle along with Big Daddy Kane one of the most uber cool haircuts of the late 80's.

Defination of the Hi-Top Fade:
A hi-top fade is a style of haircut where hair on the sides is cut off or kept very low and hair on the top of the head is very long (in contrast, a low fade is when hair on the top is kept shorter). The hi-top has been a trend symbolizing the Golden Era of Hip Hop and urban contemporary music during the late 1980s and the early 1990s.

Big Daddy Kane


Kid 'n Play

(Peep the height on Kid's hi-top hehe)

1 comment:

  1. I fucking love House Party. Class Act was even better!
    "Yo Damita, I thought you was gon' play with my frog." Haha

    ReplyDelete